Wonderful Waterfall

Wonderful Waterfall

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Balancing Time

I think the hardest part of being a new parent is balancing time between your husband and your child, or children. It seems I have slowly lost my husband in the mix. Between me being a full time mom, a job in itself, and my husband trying to make up the difference, we've spent little time with each other. Because I don't have any monetary income I would feel guilty spending money on getting a babysitter for one night. I cannot justify that expense until I start having some sort of income. Because of this guilt our relationship seems to have been where the impact of this has happened. We spend our days going through the motions, and although things aren't bad (we've definitely gone through more ups and downs while I was working) things are just kind of blah.

Being a mom has been great, but future mom's beware, it comes with it's own set of difficulties. Most people may not get into the downside of having children, but sometimes we need to hear that we're not alone in this! More work needs to be put into a relationship once there are children present, at least that's what I have found. Perhaps this is not true for all relationships, but I can only share what personal experience has taught me. There are more ups and downs that just in a wife/husband relationship, but that's another post! Children can bring much joy to your life, there is no doubt from what I have found. I was a skeptic on this before I had Shaley.  But now I can easily get lost in her loving personality and her cute little toes and put the relationship I had with my husband in the background.

This is wrote as a reminder to myself and possibly an insight to think of for a future mom. Sometimes the relationships we already have need to be worked on and not left stagnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment