Wonderful Waterfall

Wonderful Waterfall

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What is my calling?

As the title of this blog states, I am a stay at home mom. Or am I?

I work part time at USPS and have been doing so for a year and a half. That means I work every saturday and when they call me  in to work. So I'm mostly a stay at home mom. Typically that can mean once a week or once every two weeks. It can also mean none. With our new budget in place I've decided I want to get us out of debt faster, afterall, it is mostly my fault. I'd never take out student loans again if I could.

I'd really love to find another part time, very flexible, position to help my family get out of debt. This has proven both difficult and frustrating. I'm sure there are others out there who can relate. Finding a job is both difficult and depressing for me. I hate it, and maybe that's why I'm still a mostly stay at home mom. As USPS decided to cut their saturday mail delivery starting in August of this year, we've decided it would be less stressful if I wait until then to really worry about finding another job. Our budget will not be in the red every month until that day in which we have savings to cover it for a while.





Our budget, oh a thing of wonders. It has become my passion every day. Have any of you ever seen an actual budget? One where every scenario is covered? One that includes Christmas! (who would have thought?!) One that has every daily need for the next twelve months accounted for in some way? Chances are that you have not. I dare you to go and make one. You'd be surprised with how much gets spent on what and what you could save by keeping track of your expenses. I know too many people who either think they have a budget, or don't care and have "too many days left when the money is gone".

I believe that because of this budget, it has made it so much easier to stay at home with my child and not worry so much. We don't spend what is not in the budget and can live more comfortably knowing that we are prepared for most anything. If you're thinking about leaving the workforce, this may be a great first step for you to take.

I'll give a link for those who may be looking for a true budget. Perhaps this may inspire others to join the budget bandwagon!

http://www.daveramsey.com/tools/budget-forms/

No comments:

Post a Comment