Wonderful Waterfall

Wonderful Waterfall

Monday, March 11, 2013

So it's been a while...

On the encouragement of my husband I have decided to write another post. It's been 10 months and I haven't thought about posting again. In those 10 months not much has really happened, believe it or not. The biggest change is that we now have a 19 month old on our hands who likes to be active and get into everything.

I still coupon, and save money like crazy. I'm still trying to be money savvy. Another change of life we have had is that we now follow Dave Ramsey and his Total Money Makeover. After becoming great with couponing I decided to move on to budgeting. When you're saving hundred's of dollars every month at the grocery store and you don't see where that extra money is going, it really makes you wonder!

We now have a full, working budget in our house. We set limits on what we spend, and we try and stay within them till the following payday. That means we spend less overall. There is no more 'grabbing that candy bar that's tempting you at the end of the cash register', or 'man, we really don't need this, but it would be nice!'. We live within our means, that is a new concept for us, and probably for most of America. I love it, and it gives me something to do instead of twiddling my fingers. We now have a plan of how to pay our debts of years earlier and how to plan for retirement and our children's college. Having a plan is great!

There are a lot of great tools for budgeting out there, I will post a few here for those that are interested. Most important for our journey is having people around us who support our decision and don't think it's 'weird' like some do to be debt free. I can't wait to make a final payment on my student loans in a few years, or pay for a car in cash. I hope you find it as fascinating as I have.

www.whatsthecost.com
www.daveramsey.com
www.mint.com
www.ynab.com

No comments:

Post a Comment