Wonderful Waterfall

Wonderful Waterfall

Friday, October 7, 2011

Breastfeeding Updates

Breastfeeding is going well, although it was extremely painful to start out with. No one ever tells you that it will hurt, they say it shouldn't hurt, but for some women that isn't the case. For me it was toe curling pain every time that little girl would get hungry. The latch was determined good by my lactation consultant, so there was nothing to do but sit through the pain till the girls toughened up. We're finally at the point where it's comfortable. Now if she would space out her feedings to every 3 hours I would be extremely thankful. I'm always willing to help other FTM's (first time mom's) with what I've learned. Honestly, if I wasn't such a frugal person I probably wouldn't have continued breastfeeding due to the pain I experienced. Now that we've got through the hard part, the first 6-8 weeks, things are going better. My advice to others trying to BF, keep going through the pain and do not supplement like we did! The pain will end, and supplementing will not help even though it may seem like it does. Kellymom.com is a life saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment